Meet Your Dentist in Homewood, AL
Dr. Paul Petznick
Dr. Petznick comes from a long line of dentists. In fact, some of his patients were treated as children by his great-grandfather. Throughout his 27 years of practicing general, restorative and aesthetic dentistry, Dr. Petznick has always been focused on one thing: serving the community he grew up in.
Dr. Petznick graduated from The Altamont School in 1980. After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and Finance from Baylor University, Dr. Petznick returned home to study at the University of Alabama School of Dentistry. He earned his Doctorate of Dental Medicine in 1989.
After dental school, Dr. Petznick joined his father’s practice, and worked there serving patients until June 2016, when he decided to “cross the Rubicon” and open a new, contemporary office in a central location. He is excited to continue his family’s legacy of serving patients in greater Birmingham.
Dr. Petznick has been married for 22 years, and has a son and a daughter. He enjoys camping, hiking, gardening, swimming, reading and photography. In fact, most of the pictures you see around the office were taken by Dr. Petznick or his daughter, who shares his love of photography. His sharp wit, keen sense of humor, and precise eye for detail make spending time in Dr. Petznick’s office a true pleasure. Contact this Homewood dentist today.
Professional Associations and Experience:
- American Dental Association
- Alabama Dental Association
- Birmingham District Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry since 2001
- Peer Review Committee Member of Birmingham District Dental Society
- Delegate from Birmingham to the Alabama Dental Association General and Legislative Sessions
- State Chair of Member Benefits of the Alabama Dental Association
- Nominating Committee of the Birmingham District Dental Society
Civic Groups and Church Affiliation:
- Rotary Club of Birmingham-Sunrise
- Monday Morning Quarterback Club-Crippled Children’s Foundation
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens Camellia Society
- Birmingham Museum of Art
- Cathedral Church of the Advent